Recent media that might be of interest:
- For a look at market fundamentalism through the story of The Economist magazine, check out this article from the New Yorker.
- A book review of Bhaskar Sunkara’s The Socialist Manifesto: The Case for Radical Politics in an Era of Extreme Inequality
- See the October 31 episode of Doug Henwood’s podcast, covering the ongoing social upheaval in Chile
- In case you missed it, an extended interview with historian Donna Haraway on “Truth, Technology, and Resisting Extinction”
- A review of Sandra G. Mayson’s article Bias In, Bias Out, on racially biased algorithmic risk assessments that government actors have used to inform decisions in criminal investigations and proceedings
Additionally, if you’d like a grant to research whether and how inequality affects economic growth and stability, the Washington Center for Equitable Growth has just announced its 2020 Request for Proposals. Their core areas of interest are: human and capital well-being, the labor market, macroeconomic policy, and market structure.